If you are an existing Emergency Services Volunteer OR are interested in becoming one, a fantastic opportunity exists for you to become a BUSHFIRE READY FACILITATOR of the Bushfire Ready program within the Denmark community.
The Bushfire Ready program is a community led program that aims to build community resilience to bushfire. It encourages and supports local residents to work together, to learn about, plan for and help implement strategies to reduce their bushfire risk.
ROLE OF A FACILITATOR: o Undertake community engagement and bushfire preparedness activities with new and established community groups o Educate the community through key messages, information and practical activities/strategies o Develop and maintain partnerships with key bushfire stakeholders and local communities o Support the development and maintenance of communication channels and support mechanisms for stakeholders, community members and local networks o Keep records and provide feedback and regular updates to the DFES Community Preparedness Advisor.
COMMITTMENT Community run programs can be offered throughout the year, with primary focus on the Bushfire Ready program between Sept-Dec each year. Facilitators will work closely with and be supported by the Great Southern DFES Community Preparedness Advisor (CPA), local government and the Denmark Bushfire Ready team.
- National Police Certificate *
Participants to have 6 months experience with an Emergency Group and completed their Bushfire Safety Awareness training course prior to attending the Bushfire Ready Facilitator course.
BUSHFIRE READY FACILITATORS REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
• Ability to communicate effectively with people from all walks of life
• Ability to work effectively, both as part of a team and autonomously
• Ability to motivate, lead and influence others
• Ability to plan, coordinate and manage various groups, activities and resources
• Ability to keep detailed records and provide regular updates to DFES within specified timeframes.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.