Back to results
Fire and Rescue Team Member - Register today!
Department of Fire and Emergency Services - Pilbara
If you are interested in meeting new people, learning new skills, challenging yourself in a new environment and contributing to your community we would love to hear from you. Volunteers do not require previous experience or knowledge of emergency services - all training is provided! VFRS volunteers play a significant and vital role in helping to ensure their local community is safe. Brigade firefighters are trained to carry out a range of activities including:
- Responding to local emergencies such as structure fires, bush and scrub fires, road crashes and hazardous material (HAZMAT) incidents
- Working with the community to identify and manage local fire risk.
- Undertaking local fire prevention activities with the community
Volunteering is an opportunity to become an integral part of our fun, hardworking team and offers many benefits such as:
- Ongoing training with experienced trainers
- Support, guidance and mentoring from experienced brigade members
- Access to DFES Wellness Branch (critical incident follow-up, Peer Support Officers, counselling, and chaplain services)
- Learning new skills, with the opportunity for future development into senior roles (eg, Crew Leader, Training Officer)
- Meeting new people and enjoying the company of like-minded team members
- Applying your skills and knowledge in a challenging environment contributing to the safety of your local community
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.