When a natural disaster strikes or an emergency situation arises, DFES’s State Emergency Service (SES) volunteers can be found providing a wide range of volunteer services to help the community cope from the impact a disaster.
Helping the community to recover by responding to natural disasters is only part of SES’ responsibility. Volunteers also carry out land search working alongside WA Police.
SES Volunteers have many opportunities to develop new, nationally recognized skills, form new friendships, accept high levels of responsibility and enjoy the team spirit of a tightly knit unit.
All volunteers are provided with:
- Training to perform your role
- Insurance to cover injury
- Necessary protective equipment
- Access to mental health support services
The benefits of becoming an SES volunteer :
- Strengthen Your Community
- Form New Friendships as Part of a Team
- Sense of Achievement and Purpose
- Personal and Professional Development
- Ongoing Training and Support
- Enjoy Better Health
Response roles may include :
- Storm and Water Damage Teams
- Land Search Teams
- Fire ground Support
- Road Crash Rescue
Support roles may include:
- Social media and public relations
- Public and community education
- Station and vehicle housekeeping
You will be trained to assist your community in preparing for these events and be called upon to help other emergency services.
- National Police Certificate *
National Police Certificate (Arranged by DFES)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.