Search and Rescue Team Member
Nannup SES are a team of dedicated volunteers who respond to natural hazards such as storms, floods, cyclones, and earthquakes, and assist with land searches, vertical rescue, and fire ground logistical support.
Volunteers are not required to have previous experience or knowledge of emergency services - all training is provided!
We are looking for adaptable and flexible volunteers to join our dynamic team to deliver emergency preparation and response. Once trained, volunteers will be equipped to carry out a range of activities, including:
- Storm damage assistance
- Land searches for missing persons
- Vertical rescue
- Fire ground logistical support
- Community education and engagement
Volunteering is an opportunity to become an integral part of our fun, hardworking team and offers many benefits such as:
- Ongoing training with experienced trainers
- Support, guidance and mentoring from experienced volunteers
- Access to DFES Wellness Branch (critical incident follow-up, Peer Support Officers, counselling, and chaplain services)
- Learning new skills
- Meeting new people and enjoying the company of like-minded team members
- Applying your skills and knowledge in a challenging environment
Contributing to the safety of your local community
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.