What does the Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service do? Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service (VFRS) volunteers play a significant and vital role in helping to ensure their local communities are safe.
- Responding to local emergencies, such as: structure fires; bush and scrub fires; road crash rescues; and hazardous material emergencies.
- Working with the community to identify and manage local fire risk.
- Undertaking local fire prevention activities with the community.
- Engaging with the community and schools regarding fire safety.
- Being part of the Emergency Services without being on the frontline
- Applying your skills in an exciting and fun environment
- Being an important part of a great team
- Participate in training (if desired)
- Get to know your community
A range of opportunities exist including;
- Social Events Support
- Social Media Support
- Station maintenance and cleaning
Requirements of the roles;
- Assisting with organising and attendance of local fundraisers and awareness events
- Assisting with merchandise management and sales - packing of orders, responding to customers, and shipping organisation
- assisting with internal brigade events (EOFY meeting, Christmas party)
- Assistance with required turnouts (1 or 2 possible a year - with large bushfires - food / water runs)
- Staying active on our social media accounts to keep the community informed
- Assist with recruitment and onboarding
- Assist with training nights (taking photos, catering, pack-up & pack-down)
- Yard and brigade facility maintenance
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.