The Onslow VFES is looking for people interested in providing emergency response to our community. VFES volunteers hold a unique position in the emergency services being trained across the full range of emergencies experienced in WA. The team in Onslow are a fun team committed to maintaining a range of skills that can be activated when needed. The team responds incidents including:
- Structure Fire
- Land search (missing people)
- Road Crash Rescue
- Storm damage
- High quality basic training in either one or multiple response areas depending on your interest
- Make friends and get involved with your community·
- Be part of a committed team
Can you do it:
- Almost everyone can provide emergency response. We provide a supportive environment in which you can develop and apply your skills.
- All you need is an enthusiasm to learn new skills, enjoy being part of a positive team and an open mind to problem solving and using your initiative
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- This will depend on the response role you take on and what you seek to be trained in.
- Your key responsibility is to develop and maintain skills in your area of interest and to be prepared to respond when needed.
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.