As the Local Manager you will be responsible for the efficient and effective management of the Unit including administration, training and operations with the following key functions:
- Liaise with DFES regional management and local government as required Ensure Unit maintains capability and competency in line with its profile roles.
- Mentors members in leadership roles and identify succession planning and support opportunities
- Ensure the continued development of the Unit
- Ensures the effective direction of Unit resources during operations
- Ensures the provisions of the continual training program
- Participates as a member of the Local Emergency Management Committee (LEMC)
- Ensure the Unit complies with required reporting processes
** For further information about the position contact District Officer Jonathan Boswell 0427 005 114 or dogreatsouthernses @ dfes.wa.gov.au
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead people in high pressure environments
- Experience working with and/or managing volunteers
- Broad knowledge of the State Emergency Service and its roles and function
- Understanding of emergency management in WA
- Endorsed in SES-related competencies
- Endorsed as a Level 1 Incident Controller
- To apply for this position please forward: A maximum of 2 pages addressing the selection criteria, A copy of your Resume, and The names of two referees who can attest to your suitability for this role.
This opportunity is open to volunteers and external applicants. You are encouraged to pass the details of this vacancy on to people who may be interested in applying.
Expressions of interest must be received by 4.00pm Thursday,18 February 2021. Applications will not be accepted after this time and verbal expressions of interest will not be accepted.
- National Police Certificate *
* Cost of police clearance is covered.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.