The Kalamunda Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade is the state's largest single bush fire brigade. We have six operational front line appliances, one support vehicle and about 90 active members.
To join the brigade as a firefighter, you must be aged 18 years or older, have your driver's license, be physically fit and live permanently within the City of Kalamunda.
Additionally, you will also be required to complete a City of Kalamunda pre-employment medical, and a criminal history check.
The brigade will begin recruiting in February this year, and will begin the demanding training schedule soon after. New firefighters will be fully trained and passed of their probationary period by November in time for the bush fire Season.
You must be available for the following key dates. Being unavailable for these dates will make you ineligible for membership this year.
- Wednesday 26th February Information Night
- Sunday 1st March
- Saturday 28th March
- Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th April
- Saturday 18th Sunday 19th April
- The 3rd Sunday of every month between April and November. The Brigade trains on Sunday mornings.
- Thursday 16th *OR* Thursday 30th July
- Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th August
- Sunday 29th November
If you are interested in joining our 2020 school of recruits, please register your interest below, and we will contact you before the next information evening.
- Driver's Licence (C)
- Medical Check *
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.