As an SES Volunteer you will be trained to assist the community to cope with natural disasters including storm, cyclone, earthquake and flood. Volunteers also carry out missing person land searches and rescues.
SES Search & Rescue and Storm Damage Team Member roles include:
- Temporary repairs to houses damaged as a result of storms, flooding, vehicle accidents, fallen trees etc.
- Aiding the community in the event of flood, earthquake or tsunami
- Assisting the WA Police with searches for missing or lost persons
- Providing first aid; casualty removal
- Participating in public relations and community education activities
- Providing operational support to bushfire brigades
If you think you would be able to perform these roles, and are keen to work closely with a great team of community minded volunteers, please submit an Expression of Interest below.
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.