The Communications Support Unit is expanding to meet an increased demand. Vacancies are now available for new volunteers in a variety of roles. We have opportunities for volunteers from all backgrounds and with varied skills. Some of the services CSU provides to the Emergency Services:
- Providing Radio Operators for communication centres and field control points
- Providing call-taking and logging during natural hazards and emergencies
- Setting up Radio Repeaters to extend the range of teams on the ground
- Establishing Ground and Satellite data communications
- Providing Digital Mapping services
- Providing Specialist Communications Advice
Unlike most SES Units, CSU volunteers don't tend to climb on roofs fixing storm damage etc. but can be deployed to bushfires, missing person searches or other situations where due to terrain, distance and damage, communications are degraded or destroyed.
The CSU is one of the most active SES units in WA and operates on a 24/7 basis, providing essential communications equipment and services whenever and wherever needed.
CSU volunteers are highly trained (all training provided) and operate some state-of-the-art equipment, but if you are not technical - no problem, we also need people in other roles.
If you are keen to do your bit to help society and are enthusiastic to learn new skills, there is a place for you!
- National Police Certificate *
Driver's Licence -Class LR and above (would be a useful, but not essential).
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.