Yanchep Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service has been a community fire and emergency service for over 32 years serving the population of Yanchep, City of Wanneroo and our surrounding areas as required.
The role includes a range of duties including:
- Bush firefighting
- Structural firefighting
- Road crash rescue
- Community engagements
- Station duties and vehicle checks
- learning new skills and getting free training
- making friends
- getting to know your community
Duty hours - when required by an emergency. We do not run a roster and function based on availability. The expectations of our volunteers are to meet the minimum training and meeting attendance quota.
- Other Support roles including, Administration, social and digital media or even to assist us with catering.
- Once trained if you are available there is even the opportunity for deployments to other parts of the State or even interstate that can last over several days.
Due to the emergency services nature of this role you will need to live and/or work in close proximity to the Yanchep VFRS brigade.
- National Police Certificate *
Reasonable level of fitness
Some basic computer skills
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.