Our role includes:
- Temporary repairs to houses damaged as a result of storms, flooding, vehicle accidents, fallen trees etc.
- Aiding the community in the event of flood, earthquake or tsunami
- Assisting the WA Police with searches for missing or lost persons
- Assisting Fire Services with anything that doesn’t involve putting out fires
- Communication services in emergency situations
- Provide first aid; casualty removal.
- Logistics and/or scribes at major events
- Drivers to assist in fire support and other incidents
- In fact, we will help with pretty much anything that doesn’t involve life threatening situations and is within the scope of our training and expertise.
- Covid-19 vaccination
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
You must live no more than a maximum of 20 minutes from the Unit. You need to be fit and healthy, and able to commit to the weekly attendance. We will supply all the uniform and training you need.
Standard computer skills are required.
Once trained if you are available there is even the opportunity for deployments to other parts of the State or even interstate that can last over several days.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.